North Park University is in the midst of dramatic transformation. Founded in 1891 by the Evangelical Covenant Church, the Chicago area liberal arts school has gradually instituted major changes in its master plan. When the Johnson Center for Science and Community Life opened in September 2014, it was the latest in a series of landscape and campus design initiatives started in 1999, many completed in 2005, transforming North Park from a loose grouping of buildings on a city grid into a classic, united, pedestrian-friendly college campus.






Advertisements